By Executive Sous Chef Rohit Sangwan
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave oven and set it aside to cool it to 114° F.
- Place the egg yolks and eggs in a mixer bowl and fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir to moisten the sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the surface is covered with large bubbles.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Start beating the eggs with low speed & steadily add the sugar syrup.
- Once the syrup is incorporated, increase the mixer speed to high & beat until the egg pale, triple the volume and cool it to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream.
- Working with a large rubber spatula fold quarter of the whipped with cold chocolate.
- Fold in the remaining cream followed by whipped egg and sugar mixture.
- Work as delicately as you can.
- Fill it in the desired container and let it refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Heavy cream - 2 cups
- Bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped - 10 ½ ounces
- Sugar - 2/3 cup
- Eggs - 2 No
- Egg yolks - 5 No
- Water - 3 tbsp